Search this blog and the web

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Law Makes Certain Acronyms Illegal

Senator Gerald Ford (R) of Utah passed a law yesterday that makes use of the popular acronym LOL illegal if used incorrectly. He explains the reason he signed off on the law in an interview with the AP "Basically, I'm really tired of getting textual transmissions (text messages) from my daughters that say 'LOL' when I know that they aren't really laughing. It's misleading".


Most Americans don't believe that it's "really that big of a deal" but officials apparently disagree. Senator Ford continued "I look on my daughters Facebook thing and she'll say something like 'my dog iz cute!!!!!!' and all these dumb teenage boys respond by saying stuff like 'lol, yore dog is so anoyng lol. Wut r u up 2??? lol'. I hate that. Talk to my daughter all you want, hooligan, but at least understand that when you say 'LOL' you make my daughter think that she's funny. She is not funny, man."

The law will go into effect on June 1st if it is not vetoed. We spoke with the Governor of Utah, Jon Huntsman, Jr., about how the law would be enforced. He said "Well basically it's going to be the honor code for now. It would cost way too much to actually enforce this law. Eventually we will get to the point where Americans have absolutely no privacy and then we'll finally be able to enforce laws that don't actually help anyone.Then law enforcement will be caught up with other aspects of American lives such as The Kardashians. Everybody "follows" the Kardashians but they don't actually make the world a better place. Eventually we'll make sure that everybody "follows" the law too.

No comments:

Post a Comment