Search this blog and the web

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ann Romney's $1k Shirt

Ann Romney's expensive shirt Late Sunday night Ann Romney held a press conference to discuss her social faux pas - the $990 shirt that she wore when she appeared on a Television interview.

Ann Romney explains that it has "all been a big misunderstanding" when she says:

"Everyone thinks that I was wearing a shirt designed by Reed Krakoff, but that's just not the case, and I feel I should explain"

She continues "Many people were appalled that I would wear that shirt based on the cost of the item. I want everyone to know that I absolutely did not spend $990.00 on that shirt. It cost much more than that".

She adds "I saw the shirt in a magazine and thought 'oh my! That shirt has a powerful message'. I got a picture of the shirt from Google and had my maid Maria sew a shirt just like it. She made the shirt out of one hundred dollar bills. She stitched them together with our $25,000 sewing machine. We hung the shirt up on the side of our $3,000,000 house and spilled paint on it. Then we paid our tailor $100,000 to tailor it to fit my body which has undergone multiple expensive surgeries and, viola, we have a designer shirt look-alike."

During the conference, a young hispanic woman asked how much she paid Maria to sew the garment for her. Mrs. Romney replied "Who? Oh, the Mexican girl? I don't like to talk about money. It's not polite."

Mitt Romney, Ann Romney's husband is currently expected to be going against president Barack Obama in the presidential election later this year. Governor Romney is currently weak in the polls with Hispanic, female, middle and lower class individuals. Mrs. Romney, when asked by a young, hispanic, middle class female how she felt about his numbers in these categories responded "I don't think it's polite for an individual of your stature to be asking me about politics". She then invited everyone in the room who makes more than $100k annually to come to their home for tea and crumpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment